Foreigners Getting Married in Thailand: A Guideline
Foreigners getting married in Thailand with Thai Ladies
The trend of marrying Thai girls is increasing among many foreign countries, mainly from western nations. It’s not that all of them have visited Thailand or have met any girl of Thai nationality in their own country. They get vital information about Thailand marriage and the chances of knowing the Thai girls from the designated dating sites that provide many profiles of the marriageable Thai women interested in marrying men from any foreign land.
The foreigners prefer single Thai women as their wives due to the physical beauty of these cheerful girls and their peaceful nature and faith in the institution of marriage, which ensures life-long relationships with the Thai wives. Most Thai girls possess pure minds, which are as clean as their shiny and spotless skins. Hence, they never hide anything from their partners when they become involved in a relationship with any foreigner. Their reverence for their traditional customs and the family-oriented cultures make them so sincerely devoted to their own families and their extended families after their marriage with the men from other lands.
Marriages between Thai women and Western men
- According to Thai customs, both the bride and the groom should be adults, as per the laws of their respective countries; i.e., the bride should be above 17 years of age, according to Thai customs.
- Both the marriageable partners should have sound mental health, which should be proved with a medical certificate.
- Both the partners should be without any spouse at the time of their marriage. It means the Thai bride and the foreigner groom should be either single, divorced, or widowed when they decide to marry each other. If the Thai woman had married earlier, she could remarry only a year after the annulment of her first marriage or the death of her previous husband. She should also obtain permission for remarrying from the local court of law. She should provide valid legal proof of her divorce or the death of her previous husband.
- Each foreign man must provide a copy of his valid passport, an affidavit from his home country’s embassy confirming his current marital status, and a translated copy of that affidavit translated into Thai by a Foreign Ministry-certified translator.
- Each marriage in Thailand should be registered for it to be legalized throughout the country. Here, the bride and groom must officially give their consent for their wedding in writing, on a typed form that both partners must sign. The marriage must be recorded and signed by a Register, who presides over the proceedings on behalf of the country’s legal cell. To show their support for this marriage, the new couple’s guardians and two additional witnesses must sign the registration form. Once the registration process is completed, it cannot be canceled without other complex legal procedures for divorce.
- Every foreign man should stay in Thailand for at least four working days before marrying a local Thai girl so that he can become a bit accustomed to this fantastic land.
Though apparently, this marriage procedure with a Thai girl seems to be a bit complicated, the foreigners never mind it much, as they are more interested in having beautiful and pleasant Thai wives for themselves and getting a stable and enjoyable marital life.